Tuesday, May 08, 2012

I don't usually do this but well

I hardly write anything about the mangas I read. I hardly even remember most of the titles, especially the ones that are not translated in English. But Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is just too adorable. I think it has easily captured a teenage relationship, or at least a teenage boy.

So far, most of the shojo mangas I got to read portray teenage boys as really mature creatures. They're usually not. There are some that are totally bishie and sweet and caring and loving, but they're pretty rare. A lot of the boys I've gotten pretty close to only got to be manga-like after puberty. Most of them were doofus, assholes, and douchebags in high school. Most of what they cared about is sex, since they have raging hormones and shit. Others, are really sweet and nice, but not all are exactly understanding and shit. I knew a lot of guys who were really caring and all that but are big cheaters. Some are practically perfect, but are extremely insecure and jealous of just about anyone.

This is why Haru is so refreshing. He's completely weird and is a teenage boy. He's totally consumed of his affection towards Shizu that he even remarked once that he wants to break her arms and legs just so she won't be able to run away. I know, he's pretty psycho, but most boys in high school are. Some guys even threaten their girls that they'll commit suicide if they ever break up.

In the end, I just really like how the mangaka made Haru's character. I get confused by their relationship, really, but it's okay because the whole thing is so cute. I like Haru. He's probably my favorite shojo manga guy character forever (or so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment